Visitors of “Winter cherry” has prevented the escape of flammable toxins

During a fire in the Kemerovo shopping centre, “Winter cherry” escape route was cut off due to toxic substances. This was stated by the Director of the Department of Supervisory activities and preventive work EMERCOM of Russia Rinat Enikeev, according to RIA Novosti.

“five minutes and four seconds after the fire in a dry pool, shopping center “Winter cherry” all escape routes were blocked by the products of thermal decomposition: toxic, with hydrogen chloride,” — said the representative of the Ministry.

Previously, Enikeev reported that self-evacuation from the fourth floor, the people had less than five minutes. Visitors were able to get out of the building two times faster, if there were working alarms, warning systems, smoke exhaust, automatic fire suppression and emergency exits.

Shopping center caught fire on March 25. Killed 64 people, including 41 children. According to results examination, the fire occurred due to short circuit caused by a leak in the roof of the building.

the case arrested eight people. The owner of the “Winter cherry” knew about problems in the fire safety system at least for two years.